Centricity Solutions for Enterprise Imaging
Addressing enterprise-wide medical imaging challenges
Centricity™ Solutions for Enterprise Imaging delivers a portfolio of products dedicated to helping to improve the clinical, financial and operational outcomes that healthcare organizations that are required to deliver care in today's value-based environment.
Centricity Solutions for Enterprise Imaging, delivers imaging solutions help improve productivity, increase access to patient information and manage the overall cost of large volumes of clinical images and patient data effectively and efficiently.
Our definition of enterprise-wide integration extends beyond radiology imaging to cardiology, women's health, oncology ambulatory and acute imaging with solutions for the acquisition, storage and viewing of images and patient data across the enterprise. Built on a common technology platform and leveraging industry standards, Centricity Solutions for Enterprise Imaging offers a modular, yet integrated, solution suite approach that includes PACS, RIS, CVIT and Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA).
We believe that four key components below are required to develop a complete enterprise imaging strategy that helps to enhance patient care and targets the challenges that healthcare organizations face today. Expand the four sections below to read more.
Explore Solutions By Department
Visualization: Universal Viewers for Medical Images
Imaging provides a crucial gateway to patient care and serves as an essential touchpoint for clinicians. Centricity Universal Viewer helps to enable that—by giving you the Power of One unified, web-based diagnostic viewer that supports your natural workflow, facilitates faster and smarter decision making, and helps you stay focused on what’s most important: patient outcomes.
Featuring a single image repository across 2D and 3D studies, Centricity Universal Viewer intuitively brings together the tools needed by radiologists, cardiologists and other clinicians to provide enterprise-wide access to clinical images on a single desktop. Both DICOM content and XDS (Cross–Enterprise Document Sharing) content can be viewed in a single solution.
Centricity Universal Viewer delivers:
- Intelligent productivity tools, including Smart Reading Protocols. Smart Reading Protocols (SRP) represents a different way for radiologists to create hanging protocols and improve image setup efficiency.
- Advanced visualization applications that provide a single source for post-processing applications for MIP/MPR, PET-CT, vessel analysis, automated bone removal, integrated registration, oncology quantification and more.
- Native breast imaging capabilities reduce the need to maintain a separate, stand-alone workstation. It provides screening and diagnostic, multi-modality workflows, including Digital Breast Tomography (DBT).
- Cross Enterprise Display provides radiologists with seamless access to a patient’s historical imaging data across affiliated institutions when those sites provide access. Images can be streamed from a GE Healthcare or 3rd party PACS or VNA.
- Advanced Cardiology tools provide advanced visualization and quantification tools for Cardiology, offering a single source for coronary and vascular analysis, volume analysis, echo measurement and analysis such as 2D strain, 3D and 4D visualization as well as advanced measurement tools for CATH procedures.
- Access from anywhere. 1 With a web-based viewer, radiologists and cardiologists can work from anywhere, enabling clinical collaboration across a mobile workforce.
- Image enable your EMR or physician portal with tight, secure connectivity options.
Unlike disparate PACS and 3D systems, Centricity Universal Viewer helps to increase efficiency by simplifying information access with a single image repository across 2D and 3D studies, enabling holistic oncology and other specialty workflows, with easy access to prior exams.
The embedded advanced applications decrease the need to log in to multiple applications and retrieve images for comparison from stand-alone “mini PACS” systems, allowing radiologists and clinicians to read exams more efficiently. This also helps increase IT productivity by reducing requests for DICOM resends and image moves between systems.
For nuclear medicine clinicians, increased access to Xeleris applications on Centricity Universal Viewer provides an integrated workflow with desktop integration to help improve reading efficiency, diagnostic confidence and have more relevant data available for image interpretation. This increased access to clinical images in more locations can help enhance patient care and improve clinical collaboration.
ViewPoint 6 with desktop integration to Centricity Universal Viewer, provides a comprehensive solution for ultrasound reporting and management across multiple care areas.
ViewPoint 6 is a dedicated ultrasound reporting and image management solution. It can send and receive information from existing IT systems like a PACS, EMR, or HIS/RIS to complete the workflow cycle.
Centricity Universal Viewer provides enterprise wide advanced visualization and quantification tools for Cardiology, offering a single source for coronary and vascular analysis, nuclear cardiology, volume analysis, and echo measurement and analysis tools such as 2D strain, 3D and 4D visualization. Centricity Universal Viewer offers embedded access to GE Healthcare's EchoPAC™ Plug-In, AW Advanced Visualization, Medis™ and TOMTEC™ tools.
Centricity Universal Viewer provides access to the following tools:
- Coronary and Vascular Analysis
- Stenosis Analysis
- Ventricular Analysis
- Echo Analysis
- Stress Echo Analysis
- Advanced 3D/4D Echo Analysis Tools
- Vascular Ultrasound Review & Measurements
- CT & MR advanced visualization tools
- Connectivity with GE Healthcare MUSE™ ECG Management System & GE Healthcare Xeleris™
Workflow: Patient-Centric Approach
Configurable, patient-centric workflows that enable data to move with the patient on their care journey
Managing imaging services requires more than just a visualization application. This is where workflow solutions step in and help to streamline departmental and enterprise-wide radiology and cardiology productivity, administrative efficiency and patient care. Achieving optimum productivity hinges on organized IT resources.
From scheduling to protocoling, patient preparation to reporting and coding. By tracking metrics such as turnaround time and scanner utilization, facilities can better manage efficient use of equipment and resources.
Experience the Power of One Cardiovascular Imaging, Physician Reporting, Workflow, and Analytics Solution
Bridge the gaps between different cardiovascular service lines and healthcare information systems with one unified solution for accessing and managing patient data, images, reports, and workflows.
Comprehensive workflows bring order to a complex care are
Centricity™ Cardio Workflow offers a comprehensive collection of tools for all data and information management in the cardiovascular department. It helps facilitate registry workflow, streamlines inventory management, automates billing, creates clinical reports, and runs clinical and administrative queries.
Centricity Cardio Workflow transforms the physician reporting experience that helps physicians spend less time at the computer and spend more time on what matters most…the patient.
- Side-by-side reporting to help save clicks and easily view the report while you are documenting
- Quick reports to help document typical results in just a few clicks
- Visual indicators to help guide users to compliant documentation needed for billing and accreditation purposes
Collaboration: Medical Image Sharing Solutions
Share medical images and insight with providers inside and outside your network through cloud-based tools
In today’s complex, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary clinical environments, basic image- sharing and collaboration tools simply can’t keep up with your complex patient care requirements. With Centricity Imaging Collaboration Suite (CICS), you can step up to the Power of One comprehensive solution that leverages cloud technology to transform how you connect, collaborate, and share patient images.
Centricity Multi-Disciplinary Team Virtual Meeting will provide meeting participants with centralized access to patient images and case data, facilitating cross-specialty planning and implementation of treatment programs for complex medical conditions.
Today, radiologists and pathologists spend 20% of their time preparing for meetings4. Specialists are in short supply in many regions of the world, requiring care teams to leverage resources across remote locations. The application will provide efficient MDT organization tools, easy-to-navigate case lists, screen sharing and VOIP - including connectivity to an organization's RIS or EMR, in order to realize time savings, improved efficiencies, and reduced costs associated with meeting preparation.
Centricity Case Exchange is designed to offer advanced clinician collaboration, seamless device connectivity, and embedded analytics tools - all with comprehensive end user controls and data management.
Centricity Case Exchange helps providers streamline clinical collaboration with unaffiliated clinicians to help reduce duplicate imaging, avoid unnecessary patient transfers, lower CD distribution costs and enhance referral relationships - all with no capital investment. It liberates affiliated and non-affiliated physicians from silos of care by fostering a clinical community where they can quickly confer on patient cases, simultaneously access patients' images and reports and collaborate on diagnosis and treatment plans.
It also offers a flexible business model that allows organizations to pay for this service based on their ongoing consumption. Simultaneously, it simplifies IT maintenance by reducing on-site infrastructure and offloading software updates, back-up operations and disaster recovery from internal staff, helping drive down capital expenses.
Centricity Case Exchange is built on the GE Health Cloud and leverages Predix™2, GE's software platform for the Industrial Internet, built to manage data of high volume, velocity, and variety, in the cloud, Predix enables enterprise grade scalability, performance, and security capabilities.
Archiving: Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA) Solutions
Help unify clinical images and patient data for enterprise-wide access
Experience the Power of One Archive with this exceptional VNA Solution
Transform your isolated departmental imaging and EMR silos into secure, open standards-based information sharing engines.
When you provide a more consistent, unified, and secure view of patient information, you create new opportunities to improve collaboration, boost efficiency, facilitate critical treatment decisions, and lower costs. The Centricity Clinical Archive Solution delivers this crucial single view, with a standards-driven solution that intelligently weaves longitudinal patient data from many different sources and systems together—and then makes it all available through a convenient web-based, zero-footprint viewer that image-enables your entire EMR system.
A robust, patient-centric solution for seamless image and document consolidation and access.
The Power of One flexible, standards-driven clinical archiving solution can provide the capabilities you need to gain new clinical insights, collaborate more easily and effectively with other healthcare teams, and ultimately help provide better care to your patients at a lower cost.
- Image-enabled EMR - Help reduce disruption to workflows, by enabling easy access to patients' images and reports from an EMR or HIS system
- Enhanced clinician and patient experience - With convenient access to patient records from anywhere3 , clinicians are enabled to spend more time per patient case and less time looking for data in multiple systems
- Potential to enhance wound-care department's quality metrics - Intuitive mobile tools can potentially help reduce the time taken per documentation and support your documentation and reporting quality assurance goals
- Enhanced governance and control on Enterprise wide data - By allowing you to enforce Standard IT policies and rules around data management, security, data purging and compression regardless of the type and origin of the data. Leverages high availability, disaster recovery, and cloud ready infrastructure to help ensure service continuity.
- Prepare a foundation for advanced analytics based insights using a centralized standards-based repository of structured and unstructured data
- Reduce total cost of storing and managing data - By deploying a single unified solution to store and distribute data
Every picture tells a story. And when it comes to your patients, capturing and documenting visible light images at every step of the workflow helps provide vital details of their care journey.
Media Manager enables speedy acquisition and documentation of pictures directly from mobile devices, reducing the documentation time per patient case, helping avoid missed patient data and enhancing staff productivity.
Media Manager offers intuitive patient barcode or MRN identification and initiates a guided workflow to document case attributes. Images in their native formats are automatically uploaded to the XDS repository which simplifies enterprise-wide access to patient records.
Be Social with GE
CWAVE Users Group
- Centricity CWAVE user group members play an active role in developing our Enterprise Imaging solutions.
- Monthly peer-to-peer calls help enterprise teams share and learn best practices for operational effectiveness.
- Educational webinars and tradeshow events provide access and engagement with industry thought leaders and product teams.
- No cost to join at www.cwaveusers.com
Amid industry upheaval, healthcare organizations are under greater pressure than ever to be productive. Only by getting the most out of every tool can you deliver the care patients need with the efficiency the market demands.
GE Healthcare's IT Services are designed to connect productivity with care by increasing usability, enhancing performance, and optimizing a solution's return on investment.
Increases employee and IT system productivity with Workflow Consulting, Regulatory Consulting, Technical Consulting, or Productivity Assessment.
Drives understanding and increases adoption by leaders and staff through Master Trainer Education and/or End User Education services.
Delivers high adoption right from the start with Software Implementation, Upgrade Implementation, or Data Migration services.
Reduces unplanned downtime, promotes resilience, and enhances usability throughout your IT systems lifecycle with Software Maintenance and Dedicated Support services.
Visit the Healthcare IT Service Portal
Diminishes disruptions, responds to required changes, and optimizes productivity through Application Customization, Interface Customization, Report Customization, or Custom Integration services.
Reduces uncertainty and long-term expenses while staying focused on your organization's patient care mission through Asset Management, Remote Monitoring, or Business Continuity services.
Some services may not be available for specific products.
Centricity STAR Program
Please join the conversation!
Share your experiences and expertise to promote your unique accomplishments and help similar organizations make informed business decisions. We are dedicated to supporting our customers in their goal to improve patient care and advance the healthcare industry. By participating in the Centricity STAR Program, you will have the opportunity to showcase your innovative use of technology to a larger audience of peers, practitioners, patients and the greater healthcare industry.
- GE Healthcare and ITG Market Research | April 2015.
- Radiologists’ Burden of Inefficiency Using Conventional Imaging Workstations, Dr. Bruce Hillman and Dr. Bhavik Pandya, Journal of the American College of Radiology. November 2013.
- Where an internet connection is available. Results may vary and do not constitute a representation, warranty or performance guarantee
- RSNA Image Share impact study, Modern Healthcare; Timed internally; new account registration process takes 4-5 minutes.
- Centricity Clinical Archive includes the following product components: Centricity Enterprise Archive, Centricity Universal Viewer ZFP, XDS Registry, Centricity Clinical Gateway, NextGate MatchMetrix EMPI, and Lexmark PACS Scan™.