With our newest Carestation, we left no stone unturned, turned conventional wisdom on its head and challenged ourselves to rethink everything. Carestaion 600 Series….It's all within reach.
The Carestation 600 series is a compact, versatile, affordable and easy to use anesthesia platform that features a:
- Sleek integrated design suited for constrained environments
- Simple user interface for improved workflows
- Scalable tools and technology for diverse patient acuities
To help clinicians deliver efficient, precise and reliable anesthesia care to solve today's toughest challenges.
High touch precision. Low flow performance.
GE is a leader in designing Carestations specifically suited to the practice of low-flow anesthesia delivery and its fast wash-in/wash-out requirements. Ensuring quick patient response to changes in fresh gas and anesthetic agent may positively impact anesthetic costs and improve induction and emergence - optimizing time in the OR.
Elegantly engineered and appointed with ergonomic touches and software driven time-savers, the Carestation 600 series can help enhance workflows, optimize precious OR time and help hospitals bend the cost curve.
- Small footprint: mobility & rugged durability
- Simple and fast guided daily checkout process -as fast as three minutes
- Intuitive flat menu UI & ergonomic touches
- Advanced ventilation & automated procedures1
- ecoFLOW Option & Pause Gas Control1
- Easy disassembly & cleaning
1. Only available on the Carestation 650 and 650c
*Only available on the Carestation 650 and 650c
Automated procedures and time saving workflow tools
Vital Capacity procedure
- Automated bag “squeeze and hold”
- Set PEEP to help sustain open lung 2,3
- Clinician-configured ventilation procedures
- Programmable steps for increasing and decreasing PEEP levels
Pause Gas Flow
Simplifies temporary circuit disconnects. One button temporarily stops all gas flows and suspends alarms, agent delivery and ventilation so you can place all your focus on the patient.
- Pause Gas feature helps prevent OR pollution
- Stops gas & agent flow and silences all alarms for up to 1 minute
Uncompromised Ventilation – Neonate to Adult Low Tidal Volume delivery for Neonates:
- Tidal Volumes as low as 5 ml to the patient1
- Sampling flow down to 120 ml/min
- Lung Capacity and FRC
- Compliance Measurement and Spirometry
- Smart Agent Settings Design
- Simplified user interface for Neonate cases (ie. Step Inductions)
- Circuit Compliance Compensation ensures that what you set is what you get, precisely showing what is delivered to the patient and taking into account volume in the patient circuit.
- Monitors and responds to changes in the patient’s airway pressure or respiratory efforts up to 250 times per second.
- Precision volume and pressure delivery to the patient Y-piece, breath by breath, help reduce the challenges in managing neonatal and pediatric patients.
1. GE benchmark studies from 2011: GE Healthcare PCV to Tidal Volume Data Collection Test Results. Actual results may vary and are dependent on the patient. DOC0933949/DOC0970424
2. Tusman, G., Bohm, S. H., Tempra, A., Melkun, F., Garcia, E., Turchetto, E., . . . Lachmann, B. (2003). Effects of recruitment maneuver on atelectasis in anesthetized children. Anesthesiology, 98(1), 14-22.
3. Reinius, H., Jonsson, L., Gustafsson, S., Sundbom, M., Duvernoy, O., Pelosi, P., . . . Freden, F. (2009). Prevention of atelectasis in morbidly obese patients during general anesthesia and paralysis: a computerized tomography study. Anesthesiology, 111(5), 979-987.
Only available on the Carestation 650 and 650c
Scalable solution that connects devices in a single, integrated system. The digital platform supports upgradeability so your investments keep pace with technology advances.
- Innovative parameters and advanced tools intelligently packaged
- User interface specifically designed to improve access to core functions
- Simplified patient transport and data transfer
Integrated CARESCAPE Respiratory Module
- Single-width modularity
- Reduced sample flow: 40% decrease in sample flow size
- 67% increase in Respiration Rate (RR) measurement range
- 100% increase CO2 & O2 measurement accuracy RR range
- 40% increase in RR range with Pediatric Spirometry/Pedi-lite sensor
- 67% decrease in TV lower range with Pediatric Spirometry/Pedi-lite sensor
- Environment friendly Enhanced new water trap design
*Only available on the Carestion 650 and 650c
Anesthetic agents are the biggest ongoing expense associated with anesthesia units. Reducing fresh gas flow during maintenance of anesthesia is associated with several benefits. Enhanced preservation of temperature and humidity, cost savings through more efficient utilization of inhaled anesthetics, and environmental considerations are three key reasons to implement a low-flow friendly practice.1
ecoFLOW is a display option that provides a graphical representation of oxygen flow and anesthetic agent use that has the potential to reduce agent costs when agent waste gases are reduced.2
ecoFLOW Display: How it looks…how it works.
- The "Fi25 O2" target is the target to maintain patient circuit oxygen at 25%
- Maintain "O2 total" to be greater than "Fi25 O2 flow"
- Adjust flow to help mitigate the risk of hypoxic delivery or avoid excess FGF delivery
1. Brief review: theory and practice of minimal fresh gas flow anesthesia. Brattwall M, Warrén-Stomberg M, Hesselvik F, Jakobsson J. Can J Anaesth. 2012 Aug;59(8):785-97. doi: 10.1007/s12630-012-9736-2. Epub 2012 Jun 1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22653840
2. ECRI 2011 Health Product Comparison System: Anesthesia Units https://www.ecri.org/ES/Documents/Anesthesia Units.pdf
Carestation 650 Brochure_USA_loDownload