- Consider disposable accessories whenever possible for your laboring moms: Novii Wireless Patch System, abdominal belts, blood pressure cuffs, SpO2 , and ECG.
- Free-up monitors by utilizing the material monitoring features already integrated into your Corometrics 259cx including blood pressure, ECG, SpO2 and temperature*. Monitor temperatures closely with the integrated Exergen Scanner integrated into your Corometrics 259cx.
- If you need to move mom or your entire Labor & Delivery unit, consider a simply featured monitor with fetal-only parameters that can be easily moved like the Corometrics 170 series monitors .
- If you need to unplug your fetal monitors from your network, don’t forget to make sure you have plenty of Fetal Monitoring paper for printing your CTG strip.
- This is a good back-up if electronic surveillance and documentation systems are not available.
- Consider Ultrasound solutions to help confirm and monitor progress of acute respiratory disease and the fetus.
- Consider shifting Phototherapy to treat Jaundice at-home in order to discharge your patients sooner or to avoid readmits.
- When implementing separation, consider the Giraffe OmniBed Carestation or Giraffe Incubator Carestation.
- The Giraffe OmniBed and Giraffe Incubator can also be used to transfer patients within the hospital in a closed environment from Labor & Delivery to the next care area, if a closed environment is needed.
- The Giraffe Omnibed Carestation and Incubator can be lowered to be in line-of-sight for a mother in bed.
- Giraffe Shuttle can be used as an intrahospital transportable power source for any Giraffe bed or Panda Warmer.
- If you are in need of a transportable air and oxygen source, consider setting-up cylinders on our Panda or Giraffe Warmers, Giraffe Shuttle, and the Giraffe Stand-alone Infant Resuscitation System. Options include built-in high-pressure yokes, cylinder holders, blender and pressure gauges in one unit.
- Learn More
Cleaning and Disinfection
Find the recommended cleaning agents for all your perinatal care areas, select Maternal Infant Care.
As always, you should adhere to infection control standards including handwashing as a primary method to decrease transmission of pathogens. Cleaning and disinfection guidelines can be found in your user’s manuals.
Use of non-recommended cleaning or disinfecting agents can cause damage to your warmer. Only use the recommended cleaning and disinfection solutions
- Learn More
Maternal Infant Care Product TrainingComplementary training videos are available. Keep your teams at their best with the equipment they need.
Resources for Parents
- Be cautious about the sources you trust for the latest information.
- Speak with your physician about your concerns, ask questions and take notes.
- Rely on sources like EFCNI and March of Dimes who provide the latest information for parents concerned about care for newborn infants.
- Sources to look to for the most current information include the CDC and WHO.
Centricity Perinatal (CPN)
COVID-19 Screening for CPN
Are you in need of COVID-19 screening for your Centricity Perinatal system? We are offering configuration of this screening tool free-of-charge with an active Software Support Agreement. The screening will consist of adding the screening questions/ items to the LD-Admission Assessment chart. Please call support at 1-800-433-2009 to request this configuration. You can also log on to our Service Portal here.
CPN Connect Module Courses
We have many web-based courses to support staff training on the CPN Connect module. Contact our support team at 1-800-433-2009 to gain access to these courses.
Centricity Perinatal Users Group (CPNUG)
Reach out to other professionals in nursing, administration, and IT for Centricity Perinatal user support. Membership can be a valuable tool in navigating change. Visit cpnug.org.