- X-ray reject rates can be as high as 25%1
- Patient positioning is the #1 cause of X-ray rejects leading to unnecessary patient dose and impacting department bottom line1,2
- Can take up to 7 hrs and 230 mouse clicks to access reject data3
X-Ray Quality Application helps enable you to deliver positive outcomes
Increase throughput within radiography suite
Reduce non-value imaging and increase capacity for diagnostic exams
Address state regulations which mandate repeat/reject programs
Help reduce unnecessary radiation exposure to patients
Enable targeted solutions for root causes of rejected X-rays
Shorter exam time and increased patient comfort
Increase productivity of staff
Reduce time spent to manually collect and calculate RRA
Enable an increased capacity for reimbursable exams
Better data. Better outcomes.
Drill down to root causes and enable actionable insights with X-Ray Quality App’s visual dashboards
View rejected imagesAccess to actual rejected images to help you identify root causes and complete your analysis
TechnologistAccess to actual technologist name for every accession number to enable targeted training
name from RIS
ROI dashboardDisplays potential impact of rejected images in terms of opportunity lost of billable exams.
Multiple vendorsRely on consistent and comprehensive data collected from 6 different vendors
On-premise enterprise solutionEliminates privacy and security risks from USB data transfers
EI/DI evaluationHelps reduce dose by displaying exposure/deviation indices for easy analysis
QAP trackingTracks detector quality with visual dashboards to show trends and test results
X-Ray Quality Application helps customers reduce their repeat/reject rate
- An academic hospital reduced department repeat/reject rate by 3% in less than 9 months4
- A new technologist at University of Washington reduced their repeat/reject rate by 20.6% to 6.9%5
- Humber River technologist reported an individual reduction from 12% to 3% in a 1 month period6,7
X-Ray Quality Application Overview Sketch
Analytics X-Ray Ingestion Service (AXIS)
RRA technologist view
Out of desired DI range by technologist
1. Little, Kevin J., et al. "Unified database for rejected image analysis across multiple vendors
in radiography." Journal of the American College of Radiology 14.2 (2017): 208-216.
2. ASRT, Best Practices in Digital Radiography, ASRT White Paper, (2012). Available at: https://www.asrt.org/docs/default-source/whitepapers/asrt12_bstpracdigradwhp_final.pdf
3. Unleashing the Power of Small Data in Healthcare Organizations, GE Healthcare White Paper, (2017).
4. GE Healthcare data on file.
5. AAPM Presentation “Implementation of An Automated Real-Time Approach to X-Ray Reject Data Analysis and Presentation”, August 8, 2018; D Zamora, B Walton, K Kanal, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
6. Quote from Dolores Dimitropoulus, Clinical Manager Imaging, Humber River Hospital.