- Highest NEMA sensitivity in the industry2
- Highest clinical NECR for clinical 18F in the industry2
- Personalized dose reduction by keeping the technologist at the console
- Significant reduction of metal artifacts
- Enhanced patient care, comfort and satisfaction
- Large, scalable
- Up to a 30 percent improvement in quantitation accuracy (SUVmean) compared to non-motion corrected data3
- Up to a 67 percent improvement in lesion volume measurements4
- Avoid adding up to 11 minutes to patient setup time compared to an external gating device5
- Up to a 2x improvement in image quality (SNR)
- Up to a 2x improvement in quantitative SUV (SUVmean)
Reduce technologist radiation exposure and improve workflow
Table positioning and landmarking from the console
Improved user interface
Easy-to-use PET exam reporting and retrospective reconstruction
Up to six minutes less radiation exposure per day8
Up to two hours of reduced radiation exposure per month
Up to 10 percent reduction in total scan time8
Scan two more patients each day
*Discovery IQ Gen 2 is not CE marked and cannot be placed on the market or put into service until it has been made to comply with CE marking.
1Based on PET/CT sales and installation industry data from 2014-2018.
2Highest NEMA sensitivity, in the industry, comparing Discovery IQ Gen 2 5-Ring to other PET/CT scanners reported in ITN online comparison charts (June 2019).
3As demonstrated in phantom testing using a typical and fast respiratory model and OSEM reconstruction. Quantitative accuracy improvements are based on SUVmean.
4Compared to non-processed (STATIC, no motion-correction) data. As demonstrated in phantom testing using a typical and fast respiratory model and OSEM reconstruction.
5Based on clinical practice at University Hospital Zurich, using 5-ring PET/CT with MotionFree and RPM. These results are for illustrative purposes only and represent specific customer experiences; actual results could vary depending on clinical practice and circumstances.
6Comparing Discovery IQ Gen 2 5-Ring to Discovery IQ Gen 2 3-Ring
7Image quality as defined by an Artifact Index in Phantom testing
8Based on results found at one Medical Evaluation site installation, Tata Memorial Hospital – India. Results may vary.