GE HealthCare Institute
REAL WORLD LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Our classrooms provide situational learning where we add real-world elements to the material that we teach. This environment is meant to help those being trained understand what it’s like to operate in a hospital, where there are additional rules and procedures that professionals have to follow.
If you arrive late on your first day of class and miss your group, the front desk clerk can assist you in finding your classroom. You may also ask the front desk to call your Training Coordinator directly and someone will come to meet you at the front entrance to guide you through the building.
When making your flight arrangements we recommend flying into General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (MKE – airport code) the evening before your class begins. Class begins promptly as stated on your registration confirmation. For your convenience, we have provided the link to the General Mitchell Airport web site: http://www.mitchellairport.com/.
When arriving in Milwaukee you will need to coordinate your own transportation from the airport to the Milwaukee Marriott West/Waukesha or to the hotel of your choice. We have provided a link to Milwaukee County’s General Mitchell International Airport’s Ground Transportation link of their website for an up-to-date list of transportation options available: https://www.mitchellairport.com/parking-transportation/ground-transportation
The GE HealthCare Institute is a place to learn, and it’s also a place of business! The dress code is “business casual”. This means attire appropriate for a business office. Comfortable slacks, shirts with a collar and casual leather shoes are examples of business casual dress. Jeans, sweatshirts, pullovers and tennis shoes are not business casual.
If you are attending an Anesthesia courses, a laptop is not required but recommended to bring with you for class. If you are attending any other course, it is required that you bring a laptop or electronic device with you that is able to connect to a network. This will allow you to access the electronic student materials and service manual during the course. The service manual is going to assist you in the class. Laptop: PC with Windows version 7 or 10, Ethernet port or USB to Ethernet adapter, Google Chrome or Firefox browser, Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Your safety comes first! If you have safety shoes, please bring them to class. They must meet the ATSM F2413-11 standards. If you do not own a pair of safety shoes GE HealthCare will provide safety booties for you at no charge. To comply with Safety Standards set by GE HealthCare, you must wear shoes that are enclosed (toe and heel) while in attendance at our Training Center.
Meal badges can be obtained at the GE HealthCare Institute front desk and purchased before the start of training.
Those that have purchased the lodging and meals package can obtain their meal badge at the HealthCare Institute front desk. Included meals may vary by training package.
Local guests not requiring lodging and guests arranging your own lodging: If you would like to purchase meals, inform the Training Coordinator that you would like to do so, and payment will be requested. After purchasing the meal badge can be picked up at the HealthCare Institute front lobby desk.
Clinical Application Training
· Customers must notify the HQ Registrar of any cancellation 3 weeks (21 Days) prior to the training event to avoid any penalties.
· Customers cancelling any HCI training within 6 business days of the training event will forfeit the entire course.
· In the event a customer is a “no-show” for an HCI class, this is an automatic cancellation and forfeiture of the class.
· If the originally scheduled person is unable to attend class, the customer may select another attendee to come in his/her place
· The customer is responsible to pay for any new airline tickets that must be purchased due to non- reimbursement policies applied by the airlines to the original ticket that was purchased by GE HealthCare.
· GE HealthCare reserves the right to cancel training classes 14 days or more prior to the start date of the class due to low customer demand.
Product Service Training
· Cancellations can be made by email or phone: email@example.com or by contacting 888-799-9921.
· For cancellations made more than 4 weeks prior to the class start date, there is no cancellation fee.
· For cancellations made up to 2 weeks prior to the class start date, there is a cancellation fee of 50% of course tuition.
· For cancellations made less than 2 weeks prior to the class start date and for no-shows (i.e., registered students who do not attend the class and do not cancel in advance of the class start date), there is a fee of 100% of full course tuition.
· GE HealthCare reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any class for any reason and at any time. GE HealthCare will not be held responsible for any travel costs incurred due to causes beyond our control, such as, but not limited to, hurricanes, tornados, or strikes.