Current imaging challenges in interventional procedures
When a patient is having a heart attack or stroke, seconds matter. Waste time optimizing manual x-ray parameters and irreplaceable tissue may die.
Helix advanced image processing algorithms harness the full high-resolution power and exceptional dose efficiency of FlashPad HD detectors to deliver outstanding clarity and extraordinary anatomical detail where it matters most.
- Interventionalists require high image quality and expect dose to be ALARA.**
- Dose optimization is a complex and tedious task. Most dose reduction features need to be manually adjusted many times during the procedure.
- The learning curve to optimize image quality and dose during a procedure can take years and can be easily lost with radiographer turnover.
- Scientific publications demonstrate that there is an important variability of dose levels for similar procedures and similar patient conditions whereas systems can be very recent and embed technologies to help reduce x-ray dose.
X-ray dose levels depend mostly on operators and their ability to use all dose reduction features, in real time, all the time. Dose levels can vary significantly from one site to another. They depend on several factors including operators’ expertise.
** As Low As Reasonably Achievable
AutoRight¹: 1st intelligent image chain²
AutoRight Automated Image Acquisition
AutoRight Smart Image Processing
AutoRight Clear Image display
Examples of how AutoRight works
Predictive automatic loop with embedded Neural Networks
Real-time source-to-image distance optimization – the 7th Parameter (5)
DRM algorithm principle
Temporal denoising algorithm
Available on the IGS product suite
- AutoRight refers to intelligent image chain features of GEHC’s Interventional x-ray systems, from image acquisition to image processing and display, available on Innova IGS 5, Innova IGS 6, Discovery IGS 7 and Discovery IGS 7 OR
- Based on competitive research, among major players in interventional imaging
- de Ruiter et al. Meta-analysis of cumulative radiation duration and dose during EVAR using mobile, fixed, or Fixed/3D fusion C-Arms. J Endovasc Ther (2016).
- Except when system limits are reached
- Source-to-image distance optimization (InnovaSense) is an option available on Innova IGS 5 (IGS 520 and IGS 530 configurations), Innova IGS 6, Discovery IGS 7 (IGS 730 configuration) and Discovery IGS 7 OR (IGS 730 OR configuration)
- myIQ is a customization of image display available on Innova IGS 5, Innova IGS 6, Discovery IGS 7 & Discovery IGS 7 OR. Refer to your sales representative. System is delivered with default settings. Customization requires a GE Healthcare representative
Not yet CE marked. May not be marketed or placed into service until it has been made to comply with CE marking.
Product may not be available in all countries and regions and cannot be placed on the market or put into service until it has been made to comply with all required regulatory authorizations. Refer to your sales representative for more information.