Advanced Cybersecurity in Healthcare
- See Pricing Options
- COURSE LENGTH:
- 4 days
Interested in taking this course?
Already registered? Login
About this class
With your patient systems connected to both segregated and IT network equipment, how can you be sure your patient information is safe and secure?
What wireless security can you use to protect and segregate clinical and non-clinical systems in your hospital?
This course teaches you the requirements for healthcare clinical and IT systems and networks to enable compliance with both manufacturer and US government Healthcare Information Privacy regulations. The course covers requirements of the HIPAA, ARRA, and HITECH Acts, as well as how to develop policies and plans for documenting current clinical and non-clinical systems and networks. Full 802.11 wireless security labs help you learn to differentiate between wireless security methods and what is required for setup.
Note: Onsite training is available for this course.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to do the following:
- Awareness of the global data protection environment and relevant national standards organizations, including: ISO, HIPAA, BS, and TGA
- Review the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule standards and understand their impact on healthcare IT regarding information integrity, availability, and confidentiality
- Learn the 18 elements of electronic protected health information (ePHI)
- Understand how ePHI moves across a healthcare IT network
- Review MDS2 sheets to locate relevant ePHI information
- Learn the top ten network risks affecting healthcare IT systems
- Learn the AAA (authentication, authorization, and accounting) strategy for HCIT networks
- Configure software firewalls
- VPN, SSL, and IPSec concepts for securing remote data transport
- Explore the ACCE/ECRI risk analysis program for new and existing equipment
- Understand implications of applying patches and OS upgrades to devices on a HCIT network
- Examine physical security measures for healthcare IT systems
- Secure a home network
- Biomedical equipment technicians
- Biomedical and clinical engineers
- Biomedical and clinical engineering managers
- Medical technology managers
- Hospital IT staff
- Any professional who supports the field of medical technology
Purchase Packages (all packages include class material)
(2020786-053, M1126775, or R0265PG)
Tuition & lodging: $5,990.00
(2020786-054, M1126785, or R0266PG)
Tuition, lodging & air: $6,885.00*
(2020786-055, M1126786, or R0267PG)
Securing the Healthcare IT Environment Course OutlineDownload
Schedule / Registration
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Registration||Waiting List|
|Mon, May 5 2019||Thu, May 9 2019||Waukesha, WI||Register Now|