ChoiceMonitor your patient without putting restrictions on labor and birthing choices. Empower your patients to do what is best for them and provide flexible choices during labor. The Novii Patch and Pod, when connected, are waterproof and can be left in place during a bath or shower.* For those patients receiving an epidural placement, monitoring can continue unrestricted by cords or belts. Empower your patients with choice.
Novii enables freedom of movement with a belt-free laboring experience that can help empower patients and enable caregivers. Monitoring does not need to restrict patients from the freedom to choose their laboring position and ambulatory activity. Patients can have the freedom to move unassisted about the room while getting the gentle care needed from caregivers. When your patients are resting or just enjoying a private moment with a loved one, Novii’s "no-repositioning" technology allows patients the freedom to labor without the need for transducer repositioning once a good connection has been established.
MobilityNovii enables mobility which may help decrease the length of labor1. Novii leverages digital innovation to wirelessly communicate patient data, removing the need for cords between the patient and the fetal monitor. Create a wireless experience for your patient and empower your patients with Novii mobility.
Optimize your workflow
- Buy Now
Novii PatchThe Novii Patch is a single-use, peel-and-stick, disposable part which attaches to the woman’s abdomen using adhesives. The patch incorporates ECG electrode areas which pick up ECG and EMG signals from the skin surface and then transfers them to the Novii Pod.
Novii InterfaceThe Novii Interface is a reusable part that translates Bluetooth® data transmitted by the Novii Pod into signals of the correct format to input to your fetal monitor with simple fetal monitor connection options. The Novii Interface also has a touchscreen and has two bays incorporated into its base for charging and pairing of the Novii Pods.
Novii PodThe Novii Pod is a reusable part which magnetically connects to the Novii Patch to pick up the fetal and maternal ECG and EMG signals and then filters, digitizes and processes them in real time to extract the FHR, MHR and UA data. The pod transmits this data via Bluetooth to the Novii Interface.
Set up & Testing
Patch Placement (Displaced Umbilicus)
Troubleshooting FHR Gaps
Hear from Novii Users
Novii clinical application guide
- Lawrence A, Lewis L, Hofmeyr GJ, Dowswell T, Styles C. Maternal positions and mobility during first stage labour. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009 Apr 15 ; (2) : CD003934.
- Cohen WR, Ommani S, Hassan S, Mirza FG, Solomon M, Brown R, Schifrin BS, Himsworth JM, Hayes-Gill BR. Accuracy and reliability of fetal heart rate monitoring using maternal abdominal surface electrodes. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2012 Nov ; 91 (11) : 1306-13.
- Hayes-Gill B, Hassan S, Mirza FG, Ommani S, Himsworth J, Solomon M, Brown R, Schifrin BS, Wayne R. Cohen WR. Accuracy and Reliability of Uterine Contraction Identification Using Abdominal Surface Electrodes. Clinical Medicine Insights: Women’s Health 2012 : 5 65–75.
- Cohen WR, Hayes-Gill B. Influence of maternal body mass index on accuracy and reliability of external fetal monitoring techniques. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2014 Jun ; 93 (6) : 590-5.
- Baker, K. Midwives should support women to mobilize during labour. British Journal of Midwifery. August 2010, vol 18 No 8.
- Lawrence A, Lewis L, Hofmeyr GJ, Dowswell T, Styles C, Maternal positions and mobility during the first stage of labour. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2009 issue2.
*rated for total water immersion to 1 meter
**Indicated for use on women who are at >36 completed weeks (37.0), in labor, with singleton pregnancies.