Multiple Echo Recombined Gradient Echo (MERGE) uses multiple echoes to generate high-resolution images - with excellent gray-white matter differentiation and joint space contrast. By combining early echoes with high SNR and late echoes with higher contrast, the result provides for efficient, high-resolution 2D and 3D gradient echo imaging.
3D MERGE also offers excellent SNR and fat-saturation capabilities to provide high resolution, isotropic T2* weighted images of the extremities (hand, wrist, knee, ankle, and shoulder) with optimized contrast between the ligaments and soft tissue.
- Fast, high resolution axial volumetric scan
- Selective water excitation for fat-free imaging 1
- Intuitive reformat in virtually any plane
“In our clinical practice, the 3D MERGE technique has been used primarily for spine imaging and this acquisition is now included in our routine protocol for cervical, thoracic and lumbar spinal imaging.”
Jang-Gyu Cha, MD
Soonchunhyang University Hospital, Bucheon, South Korea
1. Only available for selected platforms.
SIGNA Pulse of MR
Don't miss another issue of SIGNA Pulse of MR!
- View the latest issue or browse archived issues on our SIGNA Pulse of MR page.
- Sign up for a complimentary subscription to SIGNA Pulse of MR!
- Go Digital! Download the free SIGNA Pulse of MR App at either the Apple Store or Android Market or www.amazon.com. Now available as an application at no cost for either your Apple iPad or iPhone, Android mobile devices, or on your Kindle, the digital version of SIGNA Pulse of MR allows you to browse the latest news articles or look back through archived issues with the touch of a button.