Healthcare Informatics- HL7
- See Pricing Options
- COURSE LENGTH:
- 3 days
Interested in taking this course?
Already registered? Login
About this class
Is your patient data not properly populating in the EMR system?
Does your billing system have trouble finding the codes for medical procedures from your emergency department and lab systems?
This course will teach you how clinical workflow translates to dataflow, and how applications use the HL7 language to move information properly from one system to another. You'll gain the ability to read and troubleshoot HL7 interface data messages-including how to use the HL7 standards and external coding systems to properly populate and look up data codes.
Advanced courses designed for HL7 integrators are available online.
Note: Onsite training is available for this course.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to do the following:
- Identify the purpose of HL7 within a healthcare setting
- Identify the relationship between workflow and dataflow in an HL7 environment
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of point-to-point interfaces and HL7 engines
- Use the HL7 V2.x standard for structure and encoding rules
- Analyze common patient administration, order, results, and charges messages for conformance to the HL7 standard
- Perform basic troubleshooting using the HL7 Messaging Workbench software
- Explore key components of the interface design process
- Biomedical equipment technicians
- Biomedical and clinical engineers
- Biomedical and clinical engineering managers
- Medical technology managers
- Hospital IT staff
- Any professional who supports the field of medical technology
Basic Computer Skills
Purchase Packages (all packages include class material)
(2020786-167, M1183243, or R0344PG)
Tuition & lodging: $4,055.00
(2020786-168, M1183244, or R0345PG)
Tuition, lodging & air: $4,950.00*
(2020786-169, M1183246, or R0346PG)