Healthcare Informatics- DICOM
- See Pricing Options
- COURSE LENGTH:
- 3 days
Interested in taking this course?
Already registered? Login
About this class
Have you ever wondered why your SCU doesn't talk to your SCP?
Do you wonder why the studies on your PACS server are missing information?
This three-day hands-on class will help you gain the experience and skills to understand how medical devices communicate, using DICOM. You will utilize DICOM simulators in conjunction with medical scanners to step through DICOM services (in real-time) including Image Store, Modality Worklist, Printing, and more. This course will also help you achieve an overview of the DICOM standard and DICOM conformance statements.
Note: Onsite training is available for this course.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to do the following:
- Identify the types of devices and their uses on a digital imaging network.
- Understand digital imaging workflow
- Identify where DICOM is used on a network
- Learn to troubleshoot connectivity across the layers of the OSI model within an imaging network, and isolate network connectivity issues from DICOM configuration issues
- Learn how to use the conformance, information object definition, service class specifications, and data dictionary sections of the DICOM standard
- Analyze common associations including verify, store, store commit, print, query retrieve, and MPPS
- Locate DICOM conformance statements on the Internet
- Compare DICOM conformance statement to predict connectivity between devices
- Demonstrate proficiency with the basic configuration requirements for DICOM connectivity
- Master the use of DICOM simulators, including DICOM Validation Tool Kit
- Demonstrate proficiency in the recording, playback, and analysis of network sniffers such as DICOM Validation Tool Kit
- Biomedical equipment technicians
- Biomedical and clinical engineers
- Biomedical and clinical engineering managers
- Medical technology managers
- Hospital IT staff
- Any professional who supports the field of medical technology
Purchase Packages (all packages include class material)
(2020786-126, M1152065, or R0307PG)
Tuition & lodging: $4,055
(2020786-127, M1152066, or R0308PG)
Tuition, lodging & air: $4,950*
(2020786-128, M1152067, R0309PG)
Essentials of DICOM Course OutlineDownload