Advanced Post-Processing Applications
- ACCREDITATION TYPE:
- CE, ASRT - Technologists/Allied Health
- Contact Us for Quote
- COURSE ID:
- Varies with # of Applications
- COURSE LENGTH:
- Varies with Software Package
- CREDIT HOURS:
Interested in taking this course?
Already registered? Login
About this class
TiP Applications offers training for your Radiologic Technologists and/or Radiologists in the theory and operation of a wide variety of advanced applications available for your Advantage Workstation and Scan Operator Console. Upon completion participants should be able to operate the software as required by the Physician in the performance of patient studies, and generate post-processed images.
By the end of the program, Technologists who attend the complete didactic and hands-on segments will be able to use the software of the post-processing package(s) they select.
Advanced Post-Processing Packages1:
- AdvantageCTC Pro3D
- Lung VCAR
- Thoracic VCAR
- CT Perfusion
- CardIQ Xpress
- CardIQ Function Xpress
- SmartView / SmartStep
- VesselIQ Xpress
1 This is not a complete list of packages; contact your local TiP Applications Specialist for more details.
This course is designed for CT Technologists and/or Radiologists
This course has no prerequisite requirements.
Preparing Your Staff for Onsite Training
Preparing Your Staff for Onsite Applications
Our experience clearly shows that the maximum transfer of knowledge occurs when no more than 4 of our participants work with the Applications Specialist throughout the entire training program.
We advise that the personnel selected should fulfill the following criteria:
- Relevant previous experience
- Good knowledge of medical technology and terminology
- Willingness to learn through meeting new challenges
- Ability to communicate skills to others
- Understanding of department routines
From an operational standpoint your department will benefit most by selecting those who will be primary operators of the system rather than those in a supervisory/management role.
Comprehensive preparation for the training program is essential to its success. Before training, selected personnel should:
- Study the Operator's Manual delivered with your system
- Ensure familiarity with relevant areas of technology and terminology through reading current literature
- Have their normal duties delegated for the training period
Preparing Your Department for Onsite Training
Preparing Your Department for Onsite Applications
Recommended department conditions:
- Room construction should be complete and all necessary permits granted
- System installation, calibration and performance testing is complete
- Open house visits and other staff training are not scheduled
- Instruction on ancillary equipment is completed before system training
- Department routine is organized to minimize interruptions
- Physicians and other personnel who may need to be present at times during the training are notified
- Imaging accessories, archive media and other supplies are available
- Patient exams are scheduled according to the training agenda
Note: If for any reason your department is not completely ready, please do not hesitate to reschedule training. Incomplete preparation may compromise the quality of the program.
CE Considerations for Onsite Training
Continuing Education credit may be earned by Technologists who complete the training curriculums as presented by the Applications Specialist. The Applications training is designed to enhance learning, prepare the Technologists to provide the best patient care possible and to achieve particular learning outcomes or objectives. Planning for this training requires the use of certain content and instructional strategies.