An introduction to 12-lead ST monitoring
Early detection of ischemia can help in the timely start of life-saving intervention. Persistent ST segment elevation is a sign of acute myocardial injury, and the more leads are involved, the more detail can be provided about the injury. This is why 12-lead ST monitoring is beneficial. This quick guide from GE Healthcare describes:
- How the ST segment is analyzed
- How the sophisticated algorithms in GE monitors enable effect ST monitoring
- The tracking of ischemic changes in the QRST complex
- The importance of localizing the ischemic area on the 12-lead ECG
- The value of monitoring the duration and trending of ST levels
Your browser does not support inline PDFs.