Image. Measure. Assess.
In the Labor and Delivery setting, ultrasound is used to visualize fetal position, evaluate amniotic fluid, visualize placenta location, evaluate fetal cardiac activity, and assess fetal progression. Evaluating fetal head progression manually is second nature for experienced clinicians – results are subjective and can vary, particularly during prolonged labor. That’s why clinicians are supplementing their skills with VolusonTM ultrasound imaging capabilities to help evaluate labor progression.
The Voluson P8 has many features and capabilities that are important in Labor and Delivery, including:
- Battery backup - provides up to 20 minutes of scan time or move from one room to another without having to re-boot
- 17” flat screen LCD monitor – provides high resolution visibility under all lighting conditions and moves independently of the console for easy adjustment and user comfort
- Sleek, lightweight console – a small physical footprint to help optimize use and small spaces
- Intuitive keyboard design – provides fast access to frequently used functions to help reduce exam times and limit reaching that can cause user fatigue
- Wireless connectivity – efficient secure transmission of reports and images
- SonoL&D - software designed to provide quantitative progression data to assist clinicians with fetal head progression measurements and objectively assessing labor progression.
With Voluson as a partner in the labor process, clinical decision-making can achieve a high degree of standardization, which helps provide greater confidence.
Simply place the probe to get the information you need, without time-consuming modifications. With the Voluson P8, you can acquire excellent clinical images across all types of patients, quickly and easily. And a robust set of automation tools helps reduce keystrokes and provide consistency to support clinical decision-making. With excellent 2D images optimized for clarity and detail at the placement of a probe and one-touch optimization for fast efficient imaging, the Voluson P8 provides effortless imaging and streamlined exams.
Image. Measure. Assess.
SonoL&D, based on 2D ultrasound, automatically
measures the angle of fetal head as labor
progresses. This objective, quantitative ultrasound
data helps guide clinical decision-making.
SonoL&D can play a valuable role in enhancing communication with patients and their families – fetal head progression can be displayed via animation that visually depicts the fetal movement through the pelvis, helping enhance understanding why clinical decisions are being made.
The SonoL&D tool enhances the labor and delivery process with quantitative progression data that helps enable clinicians to:
- Measure fetal head progression
- Objectively assess labor progression to help guide decision-making
- Document both ultrasound findings and manual data in one report
- Communicate with patient on how labor is progressing and enhance understanding why clinical decisions are being made
Whether you need help enhancing image quality or have a question regarding a specific technology - we're here for you. When you need us.
Clinical applications team members are available from 8am-7pm EST to help answer your questions:
- Setting up protocols
- Assistance with using a specific feature
- Optimizing an image for your preference
- Training on automated programs, like SonoL&D
No question is too big or small for our Valued Connections team. And it's not just phone support - we can use a number of technologies to help answer your questions:
- InSiteTM - to remotely access your system if connected to Ethernet, where we can see exactly what you see on the screen
- Virtual meetings - to provide training and support in an interactive setting. Use the camera on your laptop or mobile device to interact live with our specialists
Your system also has an on-board help program that provides interactive access to information on settings, operation, connectivity, and maintenance. Or log on to the LOGIQ Club or Voluson Club, with online access to tools and resources to help you experience the full power of your system.
JOIN THE Voluson Club
Membership in the Voluson Club, our global users; community, provides you with access to white papers, educational resources, product tips and tricks and peer-to-peer best-practice sharing to help you get more from your system
Learn, network, share at www.volusonclub.net
We want to hear from you.
- Tell us what you think of the image quality of our new systems
- Ask us about options that might fit your practice
- Request a brochure or other material to share with your colleague
- Let us know how we can help serve you and your patients
Whatever the reason, we want to hear from you. Click here.