Newborns need a loving touch. Early bonding is a vital process critical to both the parent and child’s healthy growth and development.1 The HALO Bassinest offers a new way to enable a baby-friendly, family-centered care model while supporting bonding.
- Clear bedside walls provide visibility to her baby, so mom can rest while making eye contact that is key to bonding
- 360° rotation allows mothers to bring baby close while still being on a separate sleep surface, making it easier for tired moms who need a break from skin-to-skin contact but want to keep baby close
Breastfeeding ratesOnly 32% of mothers achieved their intended exclusive breastfeeding duration.2 Current breastfeeding recommendations suggest the practice of rooming-in to allow mothers and infants to remain together. The bassinest can be brought directly above the moms’ laps to enable safe transfer after breastfeeding to support your care model of rooming-in with the goal of improved breastfeeding rates.
Recovery from surgery can make any movement painful and difficult, and nearly one-third of moms in the U.S. have a cesarean section birth. The HALO Bassinest provides the flexibility needed to help recovering moms care for their babies while healing.
- Convenient storage options, so mom can tend to her baby while in bed
- Adjustable height makes it easier to avoid having to bend over or lift, which causes strain on mom’s incisions
- 360° rotation and the 180° pivot allows easy positioning without the need to twist or stretch while mom is reaching for her baby
HALO Bassinest Overview
While rooming-in practices have a number of benefits for mom and baby, it can also present a number of safety concerns. The HALO Bassinest’s all-in-one thoughtful design was made with safety in mind — for families and care professionals alike. It’s flexible, 360° design offers mom the ability to position her baby in a way that feels most natural to her while keeping physical and eye contact for close, but separate sleep spaces.
- Robust non-tipping design for up to 75 lbs.
- Retractable wall with locks designed to help reduce accidents associated with rooming-in.
- Firm mattress with a fitted sheet as recommended by APP helps reduce the risk of SIDS.3
Confident careRooming-in practices can be daunting when you consider the risks involved, but the HALO Bassinest helps minimize those risks, allowing you the flexibility to give more confident patient care.
- Fatigued mother: Bassinet comes directly over mom to allow for safe placement
- Co-bedding: Close but separate sleep spaces
- Adjustable height (even down to couch level): All visitors can safely welcome baby to avoid drop hazards.
1 Barker et al., Int J Nurs Clin Pract 2017, 4: 229 https://doi.org/10.15344/2394-4978/2017/229
2 Baby-Friendly Hospital Practices and Meeting Exclusive Breastfeeding Intention Cria G. Perrine, Kelley S. Scanlon, Ruowei Li, Erika Odom and Laurence M. Grummer-Strawn Pediatrics 2012;130;54 DOI: 10.1542/peds.2011-3633 originally published online June 4, 2012
3 SIDS and Other Sleep-related Infant Deaths: Updated 2016 Recommendations for a Safe Infant Sleeping Environment TASK FORCE ON SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROME Pediatrics 2016;138; DOI:10.1542/peds.2016-2938 originally published online October 24, 2016