Lung Cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths around the world, causing more deaths than prostate, breast and colon cancer combined.1 Only 18.5 percent of patients will survive five or more years after being diagnosed with lung cancer.2
Reinforcing the National Lung Cancer Screening Trail’s (NLST)3, the Nelson study provided promising new results that annual screening of high risk patients using low dose CT had a 26 percent mortality reduction in the male trial.4,5 GE Healthcare provides high quality CT scanners for the new low dose lung cancer screening option.6
The Patient Journey
Get uncompromised image quality and clinical capabilities through the convergence of coverage, spatial resolution, temporal resolution and spectral imaging.The OEC Elite CFD offers stunning image clarity and detail at low dose with enhancements for an easy and efficient experience.Comprehensive PET oncology analysis solution with multi-modality and multi-time metabolic and anatomic evolution comparison.Robust tools for routine Oncology diagnosis, treatment follow-up, reporting and clinical trial management.
For lung nodule analysis - automatic visualization, measurement, reporting and follow-up.
The true potential of PET/CT is its ability to enable a true discovery. A true discovery is...Your need for quality patient care at low dose with greater productivity and affordability is more important than ever. That’s why we design CT systems that...
The true potential of PET/CT is its ability to enable a true discovery. A true discovery is...Efficient and accurate visualization and assessment of respiratory induced motion with fast 4D image reconstruction.Pioneering PET image reconstruction technology, providing up to 2x improvement in image quality (SNR). It also delivers Q.SUV, quantitative SUV you and your patients can trust.See. Your way. Clearly. Image Guided Systems (IGS) have been designed with GE's latest technologies and advanced applications to help you expand your clinical capabilities as your...The OEC Elite CFD offers stunning image clarity and detail at low dose with enhancements for an easy and efficient experience.Comprehensive PET oncology analysis solution with multi-modality and multi-time metabolic and anatomic evolution comparison.Robust tools for routine Oncology diagnosis, treatment follow-up, reporting and clinical trial management.
For lung nodule analysis - automatic visualization, measurement, reporting and follow-up.1. Dela Cruz CS, Tanoue LT, Matthay RA. Lung cancer: epidemiology, etiology, and prevention. Clin Chest Med. 2011;32(4):605-44. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3864624/#R1
2. Lung and Bronchus Cancer - Cancer Stat Facts. https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/lungb.html
3. National Cancer Institute. (2018). National Lung Screening Trial. [online] Available at: https://www.cancer.gov/types/lung/research/nlst [Accessed 5 Nov. 2018].
4. Acr.org. (2018). Nelson Lung Cancer Screening Study Confirms NLST Results. [online] Available at: https://www.acr.org/Media-Center/ACR-News-Releases/2018/Nelson-Lung-Cancer-Screening-Study-Confirms-NLST-Results [Accessed 5 Nov. 2018].
5. NELSON Study Shows CT Screening for Nodule Volume Management Reduces Lung Cancer Mortality by 26 Percent in Men [Internet]. IASLC; 2018 [cited 5 November 2018]. Available from: https://wclc2018.iaslc.org/media/2018%20WCLC%20Press%20Program%20Press%20Release%20De%20Koning%209.25%20FINAL%20.pdf
6. The FDA has cleared the following qualified GE Healthcare CT scanners to receive the new low-dose CT Lung Cancer Screening Option: RevolutionTM CT, Revolution GSI, Revolution HD, Revolution EVO, Revolution DiscoveryTM CT, Discovery CT750 HD, Discovery CT590 RT, Optima TM CT660, Optima CT540, Optima CT580, Optima CT580 W, Optima CT590 RT, LightSpeed TM Xtra, LightSpeed RT16, LightSpeed Pro32, LightSpeed VCT Select, LightSpeed VCT XT, LightSpeed VCT XTe, LightSpeed VCT, LightSpeed Pro16, LightSpeed 16 and BrightSpeed TM Elite. The following PET/CT and SPECT/CT systems that use the qualified CT systems are also eligible to receive the lung cancer screening option: Discovery IQ, Discovery PET/CT 610, Discovery PET/CT 710, Discovery CT670 with 16-slice CT and Discovery CT670 Pro.