BiliSoft Phototherapy System
Intensive phototherapy while supporting family-centered care
GE offers a comprehensive portfolio of phototherapy products to help you directly treat hyperbilirubinemia.
The BiliSoft Phototherapy System meets or exceeds the 2004 AAP Guidelines for intensive phototherapy and helps you provide developmental and family-centered care virtually anywhere—in the NICU, pediatrics units, well baby nurseries, and at home.
You’ll love the BiliSoft Phototherapy System because:
- It supports developmental and family-centered care.
- You and your patient’s family can wrap, feed, and hold baby during phototherapy sessions, which promotes a healing environment without interrupting the benefits of kangaroo care.
- You can position and mount BiliSoft in a number of ways. The versatile options available are:
- Bed mounted units that conserve space in all care areas
- Roll stand mounted options that provide added flexibility
- Both options help ensure quick access to the baby.
- The LED light engines last for thousands of hours.
- The units host a long-lasting blue LED light engine that provides 8,000 to 10,000 hours of light therapy.
The BiliSoft Phototherapy System features the technology that you need to provide intensive, efficacious phototherapy as recommended by AAP Guidelines. Its increased surface area, high spectral irradiance, and long-lasting blue, narrow-band LED light are just the beginning.
The system also:
- Meets AAP Guidelines on hyperbilirubinemia management
- Small pad irradiance is 35 µW·cm-2·nm-1
- Large pad irradiance is 50 µW·cm-2·nm-1
- Has a large surface area:
- We designed the large pad (10x12 inches) for babies weighing at least 1,500 grams
- We designed the small pad (6x12 inches) for babies weighing less than 1,500 grams
- Protects baby’s skin with soft, disposable covers made of flame-retardant, skin-friendly fabric
- Offers a built-in template for irradiance measurement using the BiliBlanket Light Meter
- Works with X-ray for less interruption to the therapy
The BiliSoft Phototherapy System specifications include:
- Light Box (WxHxL): 16.5 x 21 x 16.5 cm
- Light Box Weight (excluding fiberoptic pad): <2.5 Kg
- Fiberoptic pad weight: <1.1 Kg
- Fiberoptic lightpad, Small: 15 x 30 cm (light-emitting area)
- Fiberoptic lightpad, Large: 25 x 30 cm (light-emitting area)
- Fiberoptic Cable Length: 137 +/- 5 cm
- Spectral Irradiance (bare fiberoptic pad) measured using an Ohmeda Medical BiliBlanket Light meter:
- Small pad - 70 µW·cm-2·nm-1 (+/- 25%) and 9 point check
- Large pad - 49 µW·cm-2·nm-1 (+/- 25%) and 6 point check Wavelength: 430-490 nm (peak 440-460 nm)
- LED module estimated life: Under continuous use, tested at room temperature, a typical LED module will run for approx. 8000-10000 hrs before intensity drops 25%
- Sound level: <44 db(A) at 1 meter
- X-ray Compatible