Discovery™ IGS 7 OR
One suite, endless possibilities
One suite, endless possibilities.
GE Healthcare and Getinge have jointly developed a highly flexible hybrid OR solution that combines GE’s powerful Discovery IGS 7 OR angiography system with Getinge’s versatile Maquet Magnus OR table system.1
By merging the capabilities of two major flexible platforms, you can expand your clinical opportunities. The combined solution expands the clinical breadth of the hybrid OR to fit the needs of virtually any surgery and interventional specialty
Now one suite accommodates a wide range of endovascular, cardio-thoracic, hybrid and open surgical procedures, free of interference from fixed floor or ceiling system structures.
The Discovery IGS 7 OR lets you:
- Rethink your possibilities with predictable motion and patient access
- Reinvent the way you work with high-precision imaging
- Re-evaluate your options with flexible room utilization
Rethink your possibilities.
With the Discovery IGS 7 OR gantry, nothing on the floor or ceiling obstructs your work or limits your mobility - your freedom is nearly absolute. An untethered, laser-guided gantry carries the imaging C-arm. You can move it to the table to image any part of the anatomy, then power it back, out of the way, to precise pre-chosen positions.
Movable gantry puts clinicians in control
The Discovery IGS 7 OR system provides full flexibility in your clinical space. The integrated user interface let you maneuver both the table and system easily and conveniently.2
When in position for imaging, the gantry swivels around the table on a defined path, with precise laser guidance. Combined gantry and table movement enables wide anatomical coverage2 and advanced imaging. The absence of obstructions on the floor and ceiling enables versatile motion.
With its unique offset C-Arm, the Discovery IGS 7 OR enables improved access to patient head in complex interventions and helps cover head to groin without moving the gantry.
Optimal detector size adds clinical versatility
With the 31 x 31 cm (12.2 in) and 41 x 41cm (16,1 in) detectors, the Discovery IGS 7 OR is designed to provide optimal coverage for a wide range of interventional and surgical procedures. With its broad 41 x 41 cm (16.1 in) digital detector, the Discovery IGS 7 OR system boasts one of the largest fields of view for image guided surgery.
Lower dose by design
GE designs systems from the ground up with the tried and trusted GE imaging chain, optimized to provide the image clarity you need while helping you keep dose as low as possible. Our dose-reduction features empower you to easily optimize and personalize dose settings from the tableside, while maintaining clinical details you need to make well-informed decisions. But improving dose management takes a strategy – what we call the GE Blueprint. It includes low-dose imaging technologies for minimally invasive procedures, but also considers the people, culture and processes around them.
3DCT HD3DCT HD provides fine image details simultaneously on cross-sections and volume rendered to help you clearly visualize vessels, small devices and soft tissues. 5
Specific acquisition parameters and automatic artifact reduction algorithms can improves image quality and increase your clinical confidence for each application.
3DCT HD MAR reduces streak artifacts induced by the presence of small metallic devices such as coils or clips within the 3D field of view. 9
3DCT HD Motion Freeze is designed to reduce artefacts caused by involuntary respiratory motion during the rotational acquisition and recover small detail visibility impacted by motion. 9
InnovaSpinThe offset C-arm permits fast-spin rotational angiography over a maximum range of 200° at variable speeds from 20° to 40°/sec (maximum speed of 30°/s from LAO to RAO) with flexible cranio/caudal oblique angulations. The enhanced InnovaSpinTM trajectories are not constrained to a single transverse plane and can be used at oblique angulations within physical constraints. 6
Re-evaluate your options
You’ll have the potential to increase the procedure mix in your OR with the Maquet Magnus OR table system from Getinge for minimally invasive surgery and conventional open surgical procedures1. Use precious space well with flexible room designs. Build your room into a new fully functional hybrid OR, re-configure a small room, or re- purpose an existing room.
What our customers say
1. The Discovery IGS 7 OR is fully integrated with the 360° radiolucent flat table top 1180.16A2/F2 and with the Universal table top 1180.10A0/F0 with attachment
1180.37A0/F0. The flat table top is suited for interventional, minimally invasive surgery and conventional open surgical procedures. The Universal tabletop is suited for
minimally invasive surgery and conventional open surgical procedures.
2. There are performance claims that can be met only with one of the MAGNUS OR table system table top compatible with Discovery IGS 7 OR. Always refer to the product data sheet specifications applicable to the specific table top from Discovery IGS 7 OR and from Maquet Magnus OR table system.
3. System is delivered with default settings. Customization requires a GE representative.
4. Option. Available on IGS 730 OR configuration
5. 3DCT HD is an option sold separately. Includes 3DXR. Requires AW workstation and Volume Viewer
6. Option may not be available in all countries, nor all systems, check with your local representative.
7. Other table tops configuration can be used for conventional surgical procedures, not involving the imaging equipment. Maquet products are sold by Getinge.
8. Skull clamp is sold by Getinge
9. MAR & Motion Freeze are optional features of 3DXR. Sold separately. The improvement related to Motion Freeze depends on the acquisition conditions, table position, patient, type of motion, anatomical location and clinical practice, it has been assessed visually on a physical phantom.
10. Collision management features are not intended to be a substitute for careful equipment operation.
11. 3D fusion image guidance requires additional products that require AW workstation