Solid performance makes Prodigy™ chosen worldwide
Your practice demands dependable dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) assessment, and Prodigy delivers with industry-leading precision and low-dose radiation. You can depend on Prodigy to provide precise data on soft tissue and bone composition, including bone mineral density (BMD), lean- and fat-tissue mass, and percentage of fat. At the same time, Prodigy streamlines your patient care and practice workflow.
Learn more with our GoldSeal brochure.
Prodigy DXA systems help enhance your patient care and practice workflow with the following benefits:
One of the most proven DXA systems
When it comes to DXA technology, you can’t go wrong with Prodigy. With third generation DXA technology refined over 30 years, and nearly 11,000 units installed in 93 countries, plus hundreds of peer-reviewed articles in leading journals, you can be assured of Prodigy’s ability to help you care for your patients.
Optimal patient and practice management
Prodigy efficiently provides you with accurate bone mineral density (BMD) and other body composition analyses. Prodigy’s advanced features not only help your DXA scanning process flow with ease, but they also help enable you to manage your patient data and business more effectively.
Prodigy's benefits are backed by a range of features:
Advanced technology to help strengthen clinical confidence
- Published in hundreds of peer-reviewed journal articles
- Installed base of nearly 11,000 units in 93 countries
- Third generation DXA technology-with over 30 years of innovations since the first bone densitometry FDA clearance in 1980, including:
- Narrow-angle fan-beam with MVIR-that eliminates magnification error1
- Direct-to-digital detector-that improves image quality and lowers dose compared to competitive systems2,3
- Exceptional precision
- Automated scan and analysis features, including:
- Supine Forearm: Performs supine-forearm scans without patient repositioning
- OneScan: Performs AP Spine and DualFemur exams without requiring patient repositioning between scans
- Previous Scan Image: Displays the image from an earlier assessment as the new image is acquired
- Full suite of efficient data-management tools, including:
- Composer: Customizable, automated reporting to help manage patient care
- Multi-User Database: Allows multiple workstations to access DXA scan files simultaneously; allows multiple
GE bone densitometers to acquire and save scan files to a common database; and allows remote analysis
and reporting via network.
- Batch Output: Expands reporting capability by outputting multiple exams, whether printed or sent to DICOM
- Database Export: Expands data exporting options to include tab-delimited files (i.e. Excel)
- Business tools to manage your DXA offering, including:
- Connectivity tools: Transmit data where you need it with DICOM (IHE compliant), HL7, SQL Server and TeleDensitometry
- Practice management tools: Help increase patient awareness and drive physician referrals
- Remote service support
Streamlined DXA workflow with a full suite of automated tools and connectivity options
Osteoporos Int. 2005 Jul;16(7):813-22. Epub 2004 Oct 16.
2. S.M. Hunt et al, "Changing Bone Densitometers in Clinical Practice: Effect on Precision Error", Presented at the American Society for Bone and Mineral
Research Annual Meeting, September 23-27, 2005, Nashville, TN, USA.
3. Dose comparison based on information collected from Hologic's DiscoveryTM Series and Explorer TM Technical Specifications Manual, December 2003
and GE Lunar's Safety Information and Technical Specifications, October 2008
View scanner dimensions, software features, minimum room dimensions, and other detailed specifications in the following Prodigy models, available in both full- and compact-sizes:
- Prodigy Advance offers a full spectrum of skeletal and metabolic health applications.
Download the Prodigy Advance Spec Sheet (PDF).
- Prodigy Pro provides an expanded skeletal feature set, with additional applications available as options.
Download the Prodigy Pro Spec Sheet (PDF).
- Prodigy Primo offers core skeletal applications, along with workflow and efficiency features to help meet physician office needs.
Download the Prodigy Primo Spec Sheet (PDF).
GE GoldSeal refurbished systems offer you value and quality and a smart use of precious healthcare resources:
- Selective process: Stringent selection standards ensure that only those systems with well-known and acceptable service histories qualify for GoldSeal.
- Quality: Refurbishing completed by OEM factory-trained technicians who ensure all OEM specifications are met.
- Same-as-new warranty: Same one-year warranty as on new systems; service contracts available.
- Service/support: Online assistance with questions, local service.
- Up-to-date technology: Refurbishing includes installation of latest possible software release and original OEM parts.
- Training: Operation and application training available, with optional CE Tech training credits available.