Discovery IGS 7 OR – Setting new possibilities in motion
83% Decrease in mortality with EVAR vs Open1 50% shorter hospital stay1
GE's optimal mid-size 31 cm and largest field-of-view 41 cm detectors for freedom of choice in anatomical coverage
2-34x Lower Median DAP in Lille compared to published literature for bifurcated EVAR procedures4
Combining CBCT and CEUS can help reduce total in-hospital radiation exposure by 68% and contrast medium volume injection by 50% for the patient versus DSA+ CTA5.
10% reintervention rates at 30 days after EVAR6 which is still a challenge. Immediate completion CBCT is easily achievable to help assess technical success and endoleaks after EVAR, thanks to the wide-bore offset C-arm of the Discovery IGS.
62% is a utilization typical rate of operating theatre.2 80% of utilization rate is a reasonable goal . Systems like Discovery IGS 7 OR can help support that goal.3
- OVER Trial: Lederle FA, Freischlag JA, Kyriakides TC, Padberg FT, Jr, Matsumura JS, Kohler TR, et al. Outcomes following endovascular vs open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm: a randomized trial. JAMA 2009;302:1535–42.
- Operating Theatre Efficiency Guidelines, Agency for clinical innovation, Australia. NSW Institute for Innovation and Improvement. https://www.aci.health.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/252436/operating-theatre-efficiency-guidelines.pd
- Hertault A, et al., Impact of Hybrid Rooms with Image Fusion on Radiation Exposure during Endovascular Aortic Repair, Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2014;48(4):382e90. Literature survey involving both GE and non-GE equipment.In clinical use, the results of dose reduction techniques will vary depending on the clinical task, patient size, anatomical location and clinical practice.
- Hertault A, et al., Benefits of Completion 3D Angiography Associated with Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound to Assess Technical Success after EVAR, European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (2015), https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejvs.2015.01.010.
- Endovascular aneurysm repair and outcome in patients unfit for open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm (evar trial 2): randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2005;365:2187e92.
*Discovery IGS 7 OR cannot be placed on the market or put into service until it has been made to comply with all required regulatory authorizations including the Medical Device Directive requirements for CE marking. Discovery IGS 7 OR and products mentioned in this material cannot be marketed in countries where market authorization is required and not yet obtained. Refer to your sales representatives.
** Maquet Products are sold by Getinge.
***The Discovery IGS 7 OR is fully integrated with the 360° radiolucent ﬂ at table top 1180.16A2/F2 and with the Universal table top 180.10A0/F0 with attachment 1180.37A0/F0. The ﬂat table top is suited for interventional, minimally invasive surgery and conventional open surgical procedures. The Universal tabletop is suited for minimally invasive surgery and conventional open surgical procedures.