GE Healthcare's Medical Affairs Information for Life Sciences
Investigator Sponsored Trials Committee (ISTC)
Types of proposals reviewed:
- Human Studies
- FDA-approved drug product uses
- Unapproved drug product indications
ISTC Contact Information:
Phone: 800-654-0118 option 4
Form: Please complete the Medical Information Request Form on this page
What is an adverse event?
An adverse event is any untoward medical occurrence (resulting in identifiable symptoms or signs) associated with use of a drug product.
Upon learning of an adverse event, contact the Pharmacovigilance-Safety group immediately at 800 654 0118 (option 2, option 1) or
Adverse events can also be reported directly to the FDA at 800 FDA 1088 (or www.fda.gob/medwatch) should the reporter not wish to contact GE Healthcare.
What is a product complaint?
A product complaint is any written, oral, or electronic expression or communication of dissatisfaction or alleged deficiencies related to the identity, durability, reliability, quality, strength, purity, safety, effectiveness, or performance of a device or product after it is released for distribution.
Who can report an adverse event or product complaint?
- Other healthcare professionals
- Patients and/or their representatives (including legal counsel)
- Sales specialists
- Customer services personnel
- GE Healthcare employees
You: Upon learning of an adverse event, contact Pharmacovigilance immediately at 800 654 0118 (option 2, option 1) or
Adverse events can also be reported directly to the FDA at 800 FDA 1088 (or www.fda.gov/medwatch) should the reporter not wish to contact GE Healthcare.
FieldBased Medical Directors
GE Healthcare Medical Directors are field-based, doctoral-level scientists and researchers.
We collaborate with key experts in the field, providing expertise and resources in support of quality patient care, while obtaining the medical data needed to support GE Healthcare products. We support our customers by:
- Providing in-depth medical expertise
- Providing peer-to-peer interactions
- Providing unbiased medical data and information pursuant to requests from healthcare professionals
- Obtaining feedback and insights from clinicians to share with GE Healthcare
- Advocating for key customer needs at HQ
- Supporting research and educational grant opportunities with customers, as appropriate