Nuclear Medicine Onsite Training
TiP Onsite Applications are targeted solutions for hands-on training in your own clinical setting. Benefit from the wealth of experience our Applications Specialists bring as they share “best practices” from a variety of healthcare facilities to meet your specific needs.
Preparing Your Staff for Onsite Training
Preparing Your Staff for Onsite Applications
Our experience clearly shows that the maximum transfer of knowledge occurs when no more than 4 of our participants work with the Applications Specialist throughout the entire training program.
We advise that the personnel selected should fulfill the following criteria:
- Relevant previous experience
- Good knowledge of medical technology and terminology
- Willingness to learn through meeting new challenges
- Ability to communicate skills to others
- Understanding of department routines
From an operational standpoint your department will benefit most by selecting those who will be primary operators of the system rather than those in a supervisory/management role.
Comprehensive preparation for the training program is essential to its success. Before training, selected personnel should:
- Study the Operator's Manual delivered with your system
- Ensure familiarity with relevant areas of technology and terminology through reading current literature
- Have their normal duties delegated for the training period
Preparing Your Department for Onsite Training
Preparing Your Department for Onsite Applications
Recommended department conditions:
- Room construction should be complete and all necessary permits granted
- System installation, calibration and performance testing is complete
- Open house visits and other staff training are not scheduled
- Instruction on ancillary equipment is completed before system training
- Department routine is organized to minimize interruptions
- Physicians and other personnel who may need to be present at times during the training are notified
- Imaging accessories, archive media and other supplies are available
- Patient exams are scheduled according to the training agenda
Note: If for any reason your department is not completely ready, please do not hesitate to reschedule training. Incomplete preparation may compromise the quality of the program.
CE Considerations for Onsite Training
Continuing Education credit may be earned by Technologists who complete the training curriculums as presented by the Applications Specialist. The Applications training is designed to enhance learning, prepare the Technologists to provide the best patient care possible and to achieve particular learning outcomes or objectives. Planning for this training requires the use of certain content and instructional strategies.