- ACCREDITATION TYPE:
- CE, ASRT - Technologists/Allied Health
- Contact Us for Quote
- COURSE ID :
- COURSE LENGTH:
- 1 Day
- CREDIT HOURS:
- 3.5 CE
Interested in taking this course?
Already registered? Login
About this class
TiP Applications Onsite Training
This program instructs XR Technologists in the new features of the Optima XR200amx system. Instruction is delivered by a GE XR Applications Specialist at the customer’s facility. This training produces the best results when a core group of 4-5 XR Technologists is dedicated to the complete session. It is also critical that key Radiologists are available to review images. In addition, the patient schedule should be modified for the onsite training segment to allow time for instruction.
By the end of this program, Technologists should be able to operate new system features and clinical applications on the Optima XR200amx system.
COURSE LENGTH: 1 Day
ACCREDITATION TYPE: CE, ASRT - Technologists/Allied Health
CREDIT HOURS: 3.5 CE
COURSE ID: W0111RA
- TiP Training Overview
- Safety and Maintenance
- System Wireless Overview
- System Set up and Protocol Database
- Patient Imaging
This course is designed for X-ray Technologists who operate the Optima XR200amx system.
This course has no prerequisite requirements.
Preparing Your Staff for Onsite Training
Preparing Your Staff for Onsite Applications
Our experience clearly shows that the maximum transfer of knowledge occurs when no more than 4 of our participants work with the Applications Specialist throughout the entire training program.
We advise that the personnel selected should fulfill the following criteria:
- Relevant previous experience
- Good knowledge of medical technology and terminology
- Willingness to learn through meeting new challenges
- Ability to communicate skills to others
- Understanding of department routines
From an operational standpoint your department will benefit most by selecting those who will be primary operators of the system rather than those in a supervisory/management role.
Comprehensive preparation for the training program is essential to its success. Before training, selected personnel should:
- Study the Operator's Manual delivered with your system
- Ensure familiarity with relevant areas of technology and terminology through reading current literature
- Have their normal duties delegated for the training period
Preparing Your Department for Onsite Training
Preparing Your Department for Onsite Applications
Recommended department conditions:
- Room construction should be complete and all necessary permits granted
- System installation, calibration and performance testing is complete
- Open house visits and other staff training are not scheduled
- Instruction on ancillary equipment is completed before system training
- Department routine is organized to minimize interruptions
- Physicians and other personnel who may need to be present at times during the training are notified
- Imaging accessories, archive media and other supplies are available
- Patient exams are scheduled according to the training agenda
Note: If for any reason your department is not completely ready, please do not hesitate to reschedule training. Incomplete preparation may compromise the quality of the program.
CE Considerations for Onsite Training
Continuing Education credit may be earned by Technologists who complete the training curriculums as presented by the Applications Specialist. The Applications training is designed to enhance learning, prepare the Technologists to provide the best patient care possible and to achieve particular learning outcomes or objectives. Planning for this training requires the use of certain content and instructional strategies.