PET Basic Service
Interested in taking this course?
Already registered? Login
About this class
Molecular Imaging: PET
The PET Basic Service course consists of a 5-day in-residence class with labs. It will equip the Field Engineer with the theory and physics of Positron Emmision Tomography and the ability to safely operate and identify several GE PET and PET/CT systems at a basic service level. Completion of this course is required to attend a follow-on PET or PET/CT course. The systems taught in the course include: Discovery LS, Discovery RX, Discovery ST, Discovery STE, Discovery VCT, Discovery PET/CT 600, Discovery PET/CT 690 Elite, Discovery PET/CT 690 VCT, Optima PET/CT 560, PET Advance.
Course Length: 36 Hours
Course ID: R0313PT
Upon successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate safe practices and take appropriate safety measures against possible hazards while working with PET and PET/CT systems
- Perform radioactive pin source handling and conduct radiation surveys for all of the PET and PET/CT systems
- Identify the features, functionality, and major components of GE PET and PET/CT systems
- Perform simple non-invasive repairs
- Operate GE PET and PET/CT systems at the application level for performance evaluation of the system
Biomedical and technical professionals
This course price does not reflect the price of the prerequisites. For detailed information on the prerequisite courses, including price, click on the links below.
Schedule / Registration
Is your class unavailable? Click the "Waitlist Me" link to the selected class and we will contact you when it becomes available.
Click on the column headings to sort the information in the table.
Start Date End Date Location Registration Waiting List Waiting List Waitlist Me